Richard Denzer Construction
I do not know where to begin regarding Richard Denzer Construction. I wanted to remodel a 3 family home I own in Quincy, MA (All 3 floors) The property is a investment property and I have owned it for over 15 years. A friend introduced me to Richard Denzer Construction. I met with Richard and we went over the scope of the work to be completed, Richard provided me with a quote for $85k, which I accepted, and gave Richard Denzer Construction 10k down to start the remodel. Richard stated the work would be completed in approximately 8 months. We started with the second floor, then went to to third and finally the first. The only reason I started on the second was the unit was empty. Everything was going fine the first few months!
Five months into the remodel, I started to look at the numbers. Richard was half way thru on the third floor when I noticed he had already spent 70k, That's Seventy Thousand Dollars of MY MONEY!!! When I asked Richard if he was going to stay on budget he said " Don't worry, I will save you a ton on the first floor" So I agreed and kept on letting Richard work. Well Richard Denzer completed the third floor and he had spent $95K Dollars of my money!!!
Again I approached Richard and told him he was already over budget by $10K, that's when his entire story changed! He said the property needed more repairs then he originally quoted, the subs ( that he hired) were very expensive yada yada yada. You might be asking yourself, why didn't I just get rid of him, well the answer is he had already started the first floor, it was middle of winter, the unit was empty ( I do have a mortgage to pay as we all do) and I could not just let the unit stay vacant and loose $1900 a month in rent. So we had a long talk and Richard stated he will do some of the labor for free to try to help me out ( hmmm how is he helping me out again???) So I was kind of stuck, and Richard Denzer knew it) So what was I supposed to do? I decided to stick it out with Richard. Half way thru the first floor renovation he was at $130k OF MY MONEY (Sorry blood pressure rising now) I did not what to do, I was so upset at myself, for letting Richard Denzer Construction do this to me! So I go to meet Richard at the property, I told him, that being over budget by $50k and the project is still not completed is totally UNACCEPTABLE!!! Richard starts again with " well I did not quote you the right amount" Hmmmmm WHAT, You quoted me and I agreed to pay. So why did you quote me $85k??? Then he says the sub contractors were to expensive. I replied Richard you hire the sub contractors, you negotiate the price with them, I hired you to take care of ALL this!!! Well now I am totally screwed, I am over budget $50k and he still has the other half of the first floor to complete, plus the hall ways, porches, punch list, clean up the trash he left ( I am almost going to have a HEART ATTACK) What do I do, no other contractor is going to come in to finish half a unit, after Richard Denzer Construction started the entire project. So he had me in a corner, and I could not get OUT!
Well the entire project cost me $150k almost 100% OVER BUDGET!! And he did not do the porches, the hallways, the punch list or did he clean up his trash! He basically walked off the job and STOLE MY MONEY! I had to hire another construction company to come and finish everything up for $30k, Basically it cost me $180k, after getting a written quote for $85K.
I just want to warn everyone reading this or thinking about hiring a General Contractor, PLEAE DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU, AND DO NOT HIRE RICHARD DENZER CONSTRUCTION.. You will loose your LIFE SAVINGS, I CAN GUARANTEE THAT, Becasue that is what happened to me!!!
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Richard Denzer Construction Home Remodel
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "NO complaints. We are rebuilding because of a fire. The insurance adjuster told us to find a plan and a builder. After researching online for local builders on your own..."
- "hello to everyone here I wish there would be somekind of class action suite against them there are complaints everywhere my story is I bought a home from clayton homes..."
- "Our shoddily constructed Lennar Home is located in The Woodlands area north of Houston. It is difficult to know where to begin with this review because there are so..."
- "I can honestly say this and I am a avid gambler you win more at twin river than you would ever win at foxwoods , Mohegan or any other neighboring..."
- "Derek Yates of Images Signs & More Located at 450 Bolton St New Bedford MA IS A *** ARTIST! His tel # is 774-328-8059. He owns a company called Image..."
- "I just bought the program T25 and Shakeology and I was super happy. Doing my exercises which help me a lot with my diabetes. The problem is that my second..."
- "Dont fool with this company omg from 2009 to 2016 the warranty is a scam and there pillow top is a flat top in two months dont waste your time..."
- "Time after time. I go in to eat at the restaurant. A nice sit down meal, relax and enjoy dinner. 4x in 6 weeks I get a dinner before I..."
- "My name is Courtney and I work for the carnival Reithoffers Shows located in Aiken, SC right now. On wednesday October 26 2016 at about 3:45 am I arrived at..."